Hi Anurag,
Carbon has value based compression for storing the measure column data, in
store it will be stored as int.
I think only the bug is in desc table as we are updating the data type in
schmea.

My query is that to resolve the issue of out of range values being accepted
for Int, should we be creating the Int column as Int and not BigInt.

Already one discussion is going on for this
[Discussion] Parsing values during data load should adopt a strict check or
lenient check mechanism

-Regards
Kumar Vishal