Hi all,

Apache CarbonData started incubation in June '16. CarbonData did (and still doing) great moves: several releases, website, documentation, new features, community grow, new committers.

I think it's time to discuss the graduation of CarbonData.

To prepare this discussion, I prepared a self-assessment against the Maturity Model:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68714623

You can find the discussion between the PPMC, including some numbers about the podling activity here:

If we were to graduate, the CarbonData PPMC recommends the following information for the Board resolution:
        * Project Name: Apache CarbonData
* Project description and scope: Apache CarbonData is an indexed columnar data format for fast analytics on big data platform, e.g. Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
        * PMC composition:
                * Liang Chen
                * Jean-Baptiste Onofré
                * Henry Saputra