Perhaps the time could be better spent trying to beef up the integration tests
and looking for ways to root out potential regressions...

Back in September a handful of us in the Austin/San Antonio area did an Avro
hackathon to get functional parity between thrift and avro.  I wonder if there
could be a day set aside to do something to contribute to testing out 0.7 -
unit/integration test additions would be beneficial long-term.

Anyway, it could be coordinated by one or a small number of people so that
there isn't duplication - something like that.

I know several have spent long hours already making it solid.  Just trying to
brainstorm ways to get some additional good contributions in the core for
making for a more solid 0.7.0 release.

Again...  any thoughts?