So 1.0.4 was actually pretty catastrophic. CASSANDRA-3540 is a clear blocker
and CASSANDRA-3539 is critical too. For now, we've pulled the plug on 1.0.4 by
removing it from the website (and I broke the debian upgrade to 1.0.4), but we
need a fix asap.

I've taken the 1.0.4 artifacts and on top of that I've:
  - reverted CASSANDRA-3407 (to 'fix' CASSANDRA-3540)
  - committed CASSANDRA-3539
I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.5.

SVN: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.5@1208016
Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-269/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.5/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-269/

The artifacts as well as the debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

Given the situation, and given that the proposed artifacts differs only
slightly from the one of 1.0.4, I propose an expedited vote of 24 hours
(longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/YAgqE (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/BsBRE (NEWS.txt)