I've tagged 7 tickets as "critical" [1] for 1.1.  All of them deal
with CQL; I strongly believe that 1.1 needs to be where CQL goes from
being "the future" to being "the present."  We've been promising this
for almost a year now and it's time to deliver.

All of these (with the exception of 3707, which is relatively quick)
are in progress, and some (2475, 1391) are almost complete, but I
don't think we're going to get all of them done by the 18th.

Thus, I'd like to propopose postponing the freeze one more week, until the 25th.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CASSANDRA+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.1%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC%2C+priority+DESC%2C+created+ASC