I agree having smaller regions would help the rebalencing situation both
with rp and bop. However i an not sure if  dividing tables across disk s
will give any better performance. you will have more seeking spindles and
can possibly sub divide token ranges into separate files. But fs cache will
get shared across all disks so that is a wash.