I just see vnodes as a way to make the problem smaller and by making the
problem smaller the overall system is more agile. Aka rather then 1 node
streaming 100 gb the 4 nodes stream 25gb. Moves by hand are not so bad
because the take 1/4th the time.

The most simple vnode implementation is vmware.  Just make sure that 3 vm
nodes consecutive nodes so not end up on the same host. This is wasteful
because we have 4 jvms.

I envision vnodes as Cassandra master being a shared cache,memtables, and
manager for what we today consider a Cassandra  instance. Makes it simple
to think about.