I know non members aren¹t supposed to comment on these votes, but I was
actually throwing 1.2.6 Strike 2ish into production when 3/4 of the way
thru I got Jason¹s email as I was debugging Gossip issues across the
cluster. It didn¹t appear to just break repair, but it also broke Gossip
(makes since given the scope of the patch). gossipinfo showed all nodes as
normal for what it¹s worth, but it required a complete cluster shutdown to
get rid of the bad state where some nodes believed other nodes were down
as it continued to propagate around the ring. that¹s life on the bleeding
edge. :(

I built the equivalent of what Sylvan proposed here and things are running
smoothly for what it¹s worth, so +1.

-michael