Why? Please give me 3 reasons why this is good advice to the OP.

The frame based binary protocol will be 100% easier to implement in C than
the never-been-out-of-alpha libc Thrift implementation. I¹ve worked with
that code for a while, it¹s *not* pretty.

I can¹t think of one reason, other than ³I already have legacy code
written around it² Thrift is better than the Native Protocol. So please
backup your claim before spreading false information to the community.