Create a new Date() and insert that instead of using the NOW CQL macro. You
have the time you inserted...

Also, this is the type of question for the user list in the future.

Hope that helps and I understood your question correctly.

> On Mar 28, 2014, at 4:46 PM, "Andy Atj2" <andya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm writing a Java client to a Cassandra db.
>
> One of the main primary keys is a timeuuid.
>
> I plan to do INSERTs using now() and have Cassandra generate the value of
> the timeuuid.
>
> After the INSERT, I need the Cassandra-generated timeuuid value. Is there
> an easy way to get it, without having to re-query for the record I just
> inserted, hoping to get only one record back? Remember, I don't have the PK.
>
> Eg, in every other db there's a way to get the generated PK back. In sql
> it's @@identity, in oracle its...etc etc.
>
> I know Cassandra is not an RDBMS. All I want is the value Cassandra just
> generated.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Find out how eSigning generates significant financial benefit.
Read the Barracuda SignNow ROI whitepaper at
https://signnow.com/l/business/esignature_roi