It's only been six months since the last performance drive, and 2.1 is now
around the corner. But I'm hoping we can push performance even further for
3.0. With that in mind, I've picked out what I think are the nearest term
wins to focus on.

   - CASSANDRA-7039: DirectByteBuffer compatible LZ4 methods
   - CASSANDRA-6726: RAR/CRAR off-heap
   - CASSANDRA-6633: Dynamic bloom filter resizing
   - CASSANDRA-6755: Optimise CellName/Composite comparisons for NativeCell
   - CASSANDRA-7032: Improve vnode allocation
   - CASSANDRA-6809: Compressed Commit Log
   - CASSANDRA-5663: write batching in native protocol
   - CASSANDRA-5863: In-process (uncompressed) page cache
   - CASSANDRA-7040: Replace read/write stage with per-disk access
   coordination
   - CASSANDRA-6917: enum data type
   - CASSANDRA-6935: Make clustering part of primary key a first order
   component in the storage engine

I've arranged them in ascending order of my intuitive impression of their
difficulty. Don't all leap at the last few :)

Anything I've missed?