Hi,

I realized one of the documents we didn't send out was the infrastructure
side changes I am looking for. This one is maybe a little rougher as it was
the first one I wrote on the subject.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Seku0vPwChbnH3uYYxon0UO-b6LDtSqluZiH--sWWi0/edit?usp=sharing

The goal is to have infrastructure that gives developers as close to
immediate feedback as possible on their code before they merge. Feedback
that is delayed to after merging to trunk should come in a day or two and
there is a product owner (Michael Shuler) responsible for making sure that
issues are addressed quickly.

QA is going to help by providing developers with a better tools for writing
higher level functional tests that explore all of the functions together
along with the configuration space without developers having to do any work
other then plugging in functionality to exercise and then validate
something specific. This kind of harness is hard to get right and make
reliable and expressive so they have their work cut out for them.

It's going to be an iterative process where the tests improve as new work
introduces missing coverage and as bugs/regressions drive the introduction
of new tests. The monthly retrospective (planning on doing that first of
the month) is also going to help us refine the testing and development
process.

Ariel