Are you trying to use Cassandra as a simple single-node data store within a
process, or are you trying to wrap Cassandra and run a cluster of custom
nodes? IOW, what are you trying to accomplish.

You could always run Cassandra as a spawned, background process, fully
controlled by a parent process.

Who is doing the queries, the program in which Cassandra is embedded, or an
external client over the net?

-- Jack Krupansky