Hello,
I was wondering if anyone is aware of a minimal reference implementation
for a java class implementing a secondary index or some documentation of
the interface(s) I would need to implement (I looked at the SASI 2i code
but I am trying to find the bare bones test or sample class for a newbie if
it exists).

e.g. I am referring to the class you would use for 'path.to.the.IndexClass'.

CREATE CUSTOM INDEX ON users (email) USING 'path.to.the.IndexClass';

I am trying to understand if it is possible to index a UDT collection based
on only one field of the UDT and still use the cassandra index file
management (I don't want to provide my own file storage). In other words, I
am looking to see if the custom index class can serve as a transformation
function to only index my subfield. This probably will need a tweak to the
CQL to prevent a syntax error but not concerned about that at the moment.

Thank you for any helps and tips,
Henry