Hi Stefania,

Thanks for the explanation - I think it may be more likely I'm hitting
MEMORY_USAGE_THRESHOLD
(file_cache_size_in_mb, which is 512mb by default), as the table itself is
very large (a couple TB over 12 nodes). In that case, due to the changes
outlined CASSANDRA-9548/CASSANDRA-8709/CASSANDRA-5863, there should
probably be a warning in 3.6 that buffer_pool_use_heap_if_exhausted should
be set to false if you still have some tables on SnappyCompression.

Nimi