I run the local Cassandra User Group and I would love to help get the
community more involved.  I would propose holding a night to add patches to
Cassandra some will be simple things like making sure some asserts have
proper messages with them etc, but some may be slightly larger. The goal
being to just get people used to the process, to help make this a success
it would be great if we could have support on getting the patches we submit
at least looked at briefly in 1 month. That timeframe allows us to talk
about it at the next meetup and show people their contributions even small
ones are valued.

Before we did this night I would probably dig through some tickets and get
an example list going and any feedback notes on making the process easier
would be great.

Generally if there is anything you need from the meetups ask I know I will
do my best to get the local group to support things.

Jeff