> The initial contributors turned their back on MVs

We're working on the following MV-related issues in the 4.0 time-frame:
    CASSANDRA-13162
    CASSANDRA-13547
    CASSANDRA-13127
    CASSANDRA-13409
    CASSANDRA-12952
    CASSANDRA-13069
    CASSANDRA-12888

We're also keeping our eye on CASSANDRA-13657

This is by no means an exhaustive list, but we're hoping it'll help take
care of some of the more pressing / critical issues with the feature.
Automated de-normalization on a Dynamo EC architecture is a Hard Problem.