The remaining issues are:

* There's no way to determine if a view is out of sync with the base table.
* If you do determine that a view is out of sync, the only way to fix it is to
drop and rebuild the view.
* There are liveness issues with updates being reflected in the view.

On October 3, 2017 at 9:00:32 AM, Sylvain Lebresne (sylv...@datastax.com) wrote:

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Aleksey Yeshchenko <alek...@apple.com> wrote:
> There are a couple compromise options here:
>
> a) Introduce the flag (enalbe_experimental_features, or maybe one per
> experimental feature), set it to ‘false’ in the yaml, but have the default be
> ‘true’. So that if you are upgrading from a previous minor to the next
> without updating the yaml, you notice nothing.
>
> b) Introduce the flag in the minor, and set it to ‘true’ in the yaml in 3.0
> and 3.11, but to ‘false’ in 4.0. So the operators and in general people who
> know better can still disable it with one flip, but nobody would be affected
> by it in a minor otherwise.
>
> B might be more correct, and I’m okay with it

Does feel more correct to me as well

> although I do feel that we are behaving irresponsibly as developers by
> allowing MV creation by default in their current state

You're giving little credit to the hard work that people have put into
getting MV in a usable state. To quote Kurt's email: