Yep. Almost!

Changing the default in a minor version might break some scripts/tooling that
manipulate schema and potentially create new MVs (as dangerous as it currently
is - manipulating schema in that way), and that would still not be very nice.

Introducing a flag and leaving it at false in a minor is harmless.

—
AY