From: Jeff Jirsa [mailto:jji...@gmail.com]
Sent: den 12 oktober 2017 23:11
To: Cassandra DEV <dev@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Do it need to run 'nodetool upgradesstables' when updating from
2.0.9 to 2.1.19?

You won't notice any issues (all versions of cassandra are backwards compatible
at least 1 version), and sstables will be slowly migrated to the new format as
you compact, but you should still run it (upgradesstables) explicitly because
when it comes time to run repair/boostrap/decommission/etc, you'll need all
sstables on the same/current format.