fwiw, a naive internet search turned up [1]. tl;dr use the java 9's jlink
(or java8's javapackager) to build a full app+jre package for distribution.

I started digging into the legal aspects, and (trying to) searching
legal-discuss@. May just send an email to them later today to speed up this
discovery process.

[1]
https://steveperkins.com/using-java-9-modularization-to-ship-zero-dependency-native-apps/