If anything, riding on their coattails will mean we'll drop support a year
or two later, after we see their experiences - which will be nicely in line
with the Python upstream EOL date of 2020. (Of course, distro vendors will
provide support after that, say till 2025.) So perhaps 2020 should be a
reasonable deadline for Cassandra to drop support too? Assuming C* version
X EOLing in 2025 will be the last to have support for Python 2 is released
around 2020.