Most of the discussions have been around whether we take some side car or
do a cherry pick approach where we add a feature at a time to side car and
use the best implementation.
We have been discussing this first in April and now for several days. I
think we all want some progress here. We will start a vote soon..may be
next week to decide which approach we will take. I don't see any other
option to make progress besides a vote!!

PS: I think these discussions are very good for the community and it shows
people care about Apache Cassandra and it is a sign of healthy community.
Several people offering to donate the side car or help build is showing the
interest everyone has in it.