FWIW, my meaning of arithmetic in this context extends to any features we have
already released (such as aggregates, and perhaps other built-in functions)
that operate on the same domain.  We should be consistent, after all.

Whether or not we need to revisit any existing functionality we can figure out
after the fact, once we have agreed what our behaviour should be.

I will make this more explicit for the vote, but just to clarify the intention
so that we are all discussing the same thing.