I did a lot of work to make cqlsh compatible with Python 3 (and also Python
2.7) under CASSANDRA-10190. CASSANDRA-10190 has been blocked by
CASSANDRA-14298, which got about two thirds of the cqlsh dtests to work.

If somebody could commit to reviewing CASSANDRA-14298, I'd be willing to
pick it back up and get it working with the current head of develop. That
way we would be in a better place to address CASSANDRA-10190 and the Python
3 issue.

Patrick Bannister