Some of it is just for clear attribution.

Occasionally, you do get an extensive review that borders on
authoring/coauthoring.

Sometimes you get a large body of work co-created by several people in author
capacity.

Having a multi-user Authors field, in addition to the multi-user Reviewers
field that we already have, allows to more accurately reflect on the ticket who
contributed in what capacity.