On 1/11/20 4:48 AM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:

This brings up the issue that links to builds on tickets should ideally refer
to information that is permanent.
This could be done by configuring builds to keep status and logs but not the
built artefacts (and/or adding bigger disks). I will now update the builds to
discard their artefacts quicker, since (afaik) no one us using artefacts built
by jenkins.

This is already being done, we only keep the latest job's artifacts. We are also keeping 5x more log history than INFRA really wants on builds.a.o. I got the ok to keep this many for our jobs, since they occasionally run scripts to globally modify job configs outside of DSL definitions. Basically, I've considered nothing on builds.a.o to remain permanent and I've had to run the DSL seed to rebuild jobs when they've been randomly edited by INFRA.

Job templates have:

    logRotator {
        numToKeep(50)
        artifactNumToKeep(1)
    }

If we wanted a more permanent place to keep results, we would need some sort of result upload to somewhere. IMO, a jira comment on some CASSANDRA-123456 that just showed up in CHANGES.txt that "this patch passed/failed, here's that info" could be that permanent place? If the link to the job 404s at some point, who cares, we already have the feedback and could be re-run, if someone desires.

--
Michael