Melissa, welcome to the project and thank you for your email!

One of Apache Cassandra’s longstanding challenges has been establishing a voice
for itself as an open source project independent of the many corporate entities
that support its development. Working together to build awareness and
enthusiasm leading up to the 4.0 release sounds great.

Happy to help with writing, speaking, and any way I can.

Cheers,

— Scott