> > > Or maybe to add some template with a couple of specific questions that
> > > need  to be answered?
> >

> > Agreed.
> > We do have
> > https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/development/how_to_review.html
> >
> > We should have a summary of and link to that page in the JIRA "-->
> > Ready to Commit" transition.
> > And maybe even make mention of it in the "--> Start Review" transition.
>
> Even better, reference to the full checklist sounds good to me
> +1

We can also improve that Review doc…

IMHO there's a lot we can take from
https://google.github.io/eng-practices/review/

For example, our documentation doesn't address
 - Picking the Best Reviewers (from competence to collaboration across company
silos)
 - Design & Complexity (it is only briefly touched on under 'General', also
could extend to processes-at-large for bugs vs improvements vs CEPs)
 - Commit message and CHANGES.txt
 - Review communication, from etiquette to where can the review happen (in
the jira ticket, GH commit messages, GH PRs)
 - How to resolve/escalate disagreements, challenges, disappearing people,
etc

The first point about "who reviews" has been touched on in other threads
related to project governance.

I suspect a lot of the current Review doc can be first expanded to be more
thorough with our current practices. Beyond that is there anyone in the
google doc (that is relevant, e.g. not in-person reviews) that anyone
objects to?