I think it would seem a bit more legitimate to remove support without a normal
deprecation cycle if we've reached out with an explicit request for donation of
support, making it explicit that we will be removing support if none is
forthcoming.  But just my 2c; like most people on this list, even discussing
Windows support barely registers on my priority list.