> Regarding CASSANDRA-12126 and 4.0 we are facing several options and
> Benedict, Sylvain and I wanted to get the community feedback on them.
>
> We can:
>
>    1. Try to use Benedict proposal for 4.0 if the community has the
>    appetite for it. The main issue there is some potential extra delay for 4.0
>    2. Do nothing for 4.0. Meaning do not commit the current patch. We have
>    lived a long time with that issue and we can probably wait a bit more for a
>    proper solution.
>    3. Commit the patch as such, fixing the correctness but introducing
>    potentially some performance issue until we release a better solution.
>    4. Changing the patch to default to the current behavior but allowing
>    people to enable the new one if the correctness is a problem for them.

If these options are for 4.0, is it then (4) that it is getting applied to 3.0
and 3.11 ?

If that is the case then I would vote on also applying (4) to 4.0, given we are
now in front of beta4. Please let's not further delay 4.0.

Post 4.0, if (1) is as described "a parallel implementation of the same
underlying Paxos algorithm" can it also pluggable (either opt-in or opt-out)?
And would/could EPaxos become pluggable too in a similar manner (if it
eventuates)? I'm in favour on providing more pluggable interfaces into C*,
along with the code quality improvements that's going to have to be accompanied
with.