In my opinion...

- Expected to find serious bugs (e.g. new poorly tested features): Block beta
- Anticipated to possibly find serious bugs (e.g. extensively changed features
with modest testing): Block RC
- Anticipated not to find serious bugs (e.g. old unchanged but poorly tested
features): Block GA

Which mostly accords with what you're saying re: today's state of play I think.