I understood us to have agreed to drop semver, because our major/minor history
has been a meaningless distinction, and instead to go major/patch (or
major/minor - with minor for patches), depending how you want to slice it.

But there have been a lot of discussions over the past year or so, so I may be
misremembering.

On 27/01/2021, 13:25, "Benjamin Lerer" <benjamin.le...@datastax.com> wrote:

    > My preference is for a simple annual major release cadence, with minors as
    > necessary.

    I do not think that I fully understand your proposal. How do you define a
    major and a minor release?
    My understanding of a major release was a version that broke some of the
    compatibilities. By consequence, once a breaking change has been introduced
    it will not be possible to release a minor and we will have to wait for a
    major release. In a similar way if no breaking change has been introduced,
    does it make sense to release a major?

    On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 11:21 AM Benedict Elliott Smith
<bened...@apache.org>