> I am planning to open some follow up discussions for those points in the
coming weeks.

Awesome, thanks for coordinating this!

> It is a valid point. Do you mind if I update the documentation when we
have
clarified the version names and that we have a more precise idea of when
4.0 GA will be released?

Sounds good to me!

>  What do you think?

+1 to Joey's addendum proposal to 3.0/3.11 end-of-support cycle.

> I wanted to suggest an addendum that a review of 4.0/3.x support be done
in
(say) April 2022 in case of delays with 5.x [and beyond]. Thoughts?

I think this is a valid point, but I don't think we need to prescribe this,
since we can always re-discuss end-of-support dates if there is a delay.
Perhaps we can add a short note to the support page that end-of-support
dates may be revised if there are changes to the release schedule.