On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 14:41, Benedict Elliott Smith
<bened...@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree, and have said as much in the past. We have limited options for
> improving this, though. I've proposed in the past a rotating role for
> contributors to respond to Jira comments, but even once a committer is
> involved their other commitments may make feedback rounds take a long time.
>
> However, even this is likely to have at most a modest impact. Most
> contributors don't stick around after making a patch, even if given tight
> feedback loops (which does happen). They just want their bug fixed - which is
> great, but we should set ourselves realistic expectations.

This is a very good point, actually. I think it stems from the fact
that Cassandra is in a lot of cases used by companies which just have
an itch to scratch or a problem to solve and as long as it does not
otherwise interfere with the business they are involved it, they just
do not have any need to contribute more, which is quite understandable
if they just do 9-to-5 thing and so on. So yes, definitely, realistic
expectations are needed. I do not blame anybody in particular, it is
just how it is, I can say only good happened to me whoever I was
talking with over some tickets knowing they have a heap of work in the
background to deal with.