FWIW, the goal of this field was to help project planning (both going forwards,
and in looking at how we've fared to help project going forwards) more than
contributor assignment.  There wasn't any expectation that the correct
complexity would be provided on triage.

I'm not sure how much Jira is likely to be used for this purpose in the coming
year anyway, and the boss level difficulty has yet to be used anywhere in the
project (even on tickets that deserved it), so sure, no objection from me if
we're simplifying.