Hi everybody,

There are a significant amount of issues with DROP COMPACT STORAGE that can
be pretty surprising for users.
To name a few:
* Some hidden columns will show up changing the resultset returned for
wildcard queries
* As COMPACT tables did not have primary key liveness there empty rows
inserted AFTER the ALTER will be returned whereas the one inserted before
the ALTER will not.
* Also due to the lack of primary key liveness the amount of SSTables being
read will increase resulting in slower queries
* After DROP COMPACT it becomes possible to ALTER the table in a way that
makes all the row disappears
* There is a loss of functionality around null clustering when dropping
compact storage (CASSANDRA-16069)

In my opinion DROP COMPACT STORAGE is not ready for production use unless
users fully understand what they are doing.
By consequence, I am wondering if we should not mark it as experimental as
we did for the Materialized Views (CASSANDRA-13959).

What is your opinion?