One of the things I'm excited about with the 4+ releases is this running with
Java 17+ (including ZGC) so I would love to see this get more serious testing
and validation.

Anecdotal account - at an event a couple of years ago, I spoke to someone from
an education software company was running some of their clusters on Java 11 (or
possibly a later version) and it ran really well for them.