The problem with dropping a patch on Jira is that there is no opportunity to
point out problems, either with the fundamental approach or with the specific
implementation. So please point out some problems I can engage with!

From: Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2021 at 15:48
To: dev <dev@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] CEP-15: General Purpose Transactions
On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:21 AM bened...@apache.org <bened...@apache.org>
wrote:

> The goals of the CEP are stated clearly, and these were the goals we had
> going into the (multi-month) research project we undertook before proposing
> this CEP. These goals are necessarily value judgements, so we cannot expect
> that everyone will agree that they are optimal.

Right, so I'm saying that this is exactly the most important thing to get
consensus on, and creating a CEP for a protocol to achieve goals that you
have not discussed with the community is the CEP equivalent of dropping a
patch on Jira without discussing its goals either.

That's why our conversations haven't gone anywhere, because I keep saying
"we need discuss the goals and tradeoffs", and I'll give an example of what
I mean, and you keep addressing the examples (sometimes very shallowly, "it
would be possible to X" or "Y could be done as an optimization") while
ignoring the request to open a discussion around the big picture.