Hi everyone,

I'd like to follow-up on this as GSoC timeline starts soon in February [1].

We didn't get any project ideas tagged with the 'gsoc' label in the past 2
months, except Aleksandr Sorokoumov which sent me some tickets for offline
triaging. This may indicate this model of having potential mentors register
project ideas may not be working too well.

I'd like to propose having students triage unassigned tickets and propose
projects to potential mentors in the mailing list.

We could create a blog post with a "Call for GSoC Projects" with
instructions on how to triage tickets on JIRA and propose project ideas in
the mailing list, and a twitter campaign pointing to the blog post.

What do you think?

Paulo

[1] - https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline