We've done concurrent releases without security before, and you follow much
closer than others. I feel most people, if they saw all of the
changes reverted and a release of a single fix, would either instantly know
it's security (high confidence pointer to exactly which patch) OR assume
someone botched the release prep and draw attention to it. So we're trading
"someone who's very involved has a high confidence it's security but has to
dig through 30 patches to find it" vs "everyone knows exactly what's going
on", the former seems better

The only way I'd be in favor of a release that removes all other committed
patches is if the vote happened in private@ . I don't see any prohibition
on that in https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes , so
that seems like an alternate, easy workaround to privacy.