> What I mean by that specifically: if you under-provision a node with 2
> cpus, 1.5 gigs of ram, slow disks, slow networking, and noisy neighbors,
> and the nodes take so long with GC pauses, compaction, streaming, etc that
> they don't correctly complete certain operations in expected time,
> completely time out, fall over, or otherwise *preserve correctness but
> die or don't complete operations in time* - is that a bug?

I'd say it is a bug in the test if we can't distinguish between the test
failing and the test not completing/crashing. How much time folk want to
spend on the different test frameworks we have to improve such things (on a
distributed system), or what the expected time saving such improvements
would provide, I leave to others. I appreciate how demotivating it is.

Having parity between CI systems is important, no matter how we approach it.