I’m all for having a consistent template but the legal disclaimer is something
I personally dislike and will discourage contributions. My understanding is
that ICLA is not required for every single contributor. I don’t think we ask
anybody to sign it unless they’re a committer. Under the Apache license even
emails to the dev or user list, jira comments, slack comments are considered
“contributions”. We don’t have disclaimers or acknowledgment each time a
contributor emails the dev list. I would strongly encourage that we point new
contributors to the getting started page which should cover these details. They
need to go through it once and not with each and every PR. Alternatively we
could have a GitHub bot that identifies a new contributor and asks them to
accept CoC, License agreement, etc for their first PR only.