I'll withdraw my comment about friendliness of g1 vs cms. I think it's too
late to sneak it in, but wouldn't object formally.

offheap_objects is way too late to change given we shipped the alpha in May
and there are known, long lived bugs that multiple users have reported and
wouldn't have been tested in the alpha, so I'd vote -1 on a release with
that change on the basis that we hadn't done a valid alpha/beta/testing
with that config.