Hi all,

thanks for your answers!.

To Benedict's point: In terms of the uvint enconding of deletionTime i.e. it is true it happens here https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/SerializationHeader.java#L170. But we also have a DeletionTime serializer here https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/DeletionTime.java#L166 that is writing an int and a long that would now write 2 longs.

TTL itself (the delta) remains an int in the new PR so it should have no effect in size.

Did I reference the correct parts of the codebase? No sstable expert here.