This ^

It’s an absolutely beautifully written library by Martin Thompson, my go-to for
years if I’m ever asked for an example of a Java codebase to study. I have read
it essentially entirely, and more than once, and it makes me feel a little
happier but also inadequate every time I do.

It doesn’t have concurrent primitive collections though. We can use fastutils
for that over stock CHM and boxing and friends if we deem it to be trustworthy
enough.

P.S. FWIW we also have a long-keyed NBHM via jctools dependency -
NonBlockingHashMapLong, if that’s all we need.