Yes.  -1 on forcing the patch release version, and possibly minor version,
for anything that is not absolutely necessary to do so.  Especially for
things like Java or Python version, I would hope we just install the latest
Java 8, Java 11, or Java 17 JDK for the platform the image is built from
and run under them.  Otherwise we don’t find out until it’s too late when
some JDK update breaks things.  I know I always tell users to run the
latest JDK patch release, so we should do the same.

If we want to pin the major version of something, then I have no problem
there.

-Jeremiah