On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 10:21 AM Miklosovic, Stefan
<stefan.mikloso...@netapp.com> wrote:

> Anyway, the main question here is if we are OK to change the output in majors.

I think we always want to strive for compatibility whenever possible.
My personal litmus test is "can this information be obtained
elsewhere?" and if the answer is no, then the format shouldn't change
as it is very likely to at least cause friction for anyone screen
scraping to get it programmatically.  However, as you mentioned,
adding a serialized format provides another, superior method of
programmatic access, freeing us of the issues with cosmetic changes.