You can open a legal JIRA to confirm, but based on my understanding (and
re-confirming reading https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a
):

- The restriction is on what can be in A PROJECT. tests are part of the
project, and not distinguished from the compiled product (especially since
the PROJECT ships SOURCE to build the product, if the SOURCE to build
requires the test, the test is clearly non-optional)
- GPL is cat X https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Cat X mixes "project" and "product" a few times, but again, the product is
still the source distribution, which would include the test, which means
it's excluded.

"Apache projects may not distribute Category X licensed components, in
source or binary form" doesnt seem ambiguous to me, but if someone wants to
ask ASF legal if I'm wrong, that's totally ok.