> So, not for new types.

> Should we make the Vector type non-emptiable and stick to it for the new
> types?

Yep, works for me.

We should also update the test
org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AbstractTypeTest#empty to detect this for new
types by making org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AbstractType#allowsEmpty
default to false and override in all legacy types

More than glad to review any patch to fix this issue!